See below for an important message from LAUSD:
Keeping our schools safe is a top priority for Los Angeles Unified. In preparation for schools reopening on January 11, and in light of the rise in COVID-19 cases due to the Omicron variant, we are making changes to our health and safety protocols.
Please note the following updates and share with your constituents as appropriate:
- The first day of the Los Angeles Unified Spring semester for all K-12 students will now be on Tuesday, January 11, 2022.
- Monday, January 10, 2022, will be designated as a Pupil Free Day for school site employees.
- Los Angeles Unified now requires COVID-19 testing for all students and employees, regardless of vaccination status, before the first week back from winter break. All students and employees will be required to have proof of a negative COVID-19 test in order to come onto campus on January 11.
- Employees and students can get a baseline test beginning Monday, January 3, 2022.
- For information on testing centers and to make a COVID-19 test appointment at a Los Angeles Unified site, please visit achieve.lausd.net/covidtestingappt or call the Family Help Desk at (213) 443-1300. While appointments are encouraged, no appointment is needed for Los Angeles Unified COVID-19 tests. For a link of operating hours by testing site, please visit achieve.lausd.net/covidtestingappt.
- COVID-19 at-home rapid self-tests are available for K-12 students. Please pick up your student’s free at-home COVID-19 rapid self-tests on Friday, January 7 and Saturday, January 8 from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. at any of our 63 Grab & Go sites. Please visit achieve.lausd.net/covid for a map of pickup locations.
- Families may upload external PCR or antigen tests, or at-home tests. Please make sure to upload onto the student’s Daily Pass account no later than Sunday January 9, 2022.
For information on how to upload an external test result, please visit achieve.lausd.net/dailypass.
- Weekly testing will continue for all students and employees through the month of January.
- Masking will be required at all times, indoors and outdoors. It is strongly recommended that all students wear well-fitting, non-cloth masks with a nose wire. All employees are required to wear surgical grade masks or higher.
- Los Angeles Unified will continue to provide these kinds of masks to students and employees if they need them and will be available at our testing and Grab & Go sites.
- Vaccinations remain a key element in reducing the impact of COVID-19 on individuals and communities, and will be required for students 12 and older at the start of the Fall 2022 semester.
- Anyone 5 years or older is eligible for the two-dose Pfizer vaccine.
- Booster shots are available for anyone 16 and older, at least six months after their second dose.
- For information on available vaccination sites, please visit achieve.lausd.net/covidvaccineappt.
- Daily Pass health screening is required for all who enter school campuses.
For more information about our Spring 2022 policies, please visit achieve.lausd.net/spring2022.